If you have an open bottle of champagne, add a splash to a citrus dressing in this simple yet sophisticated recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
* 2 red mullet fillets
* 6 scallops, cleaned, roe and membrane removed
* 1-2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
* butter, for frying
* 1 lemon, peeled and segmented, juice reserved
* 2 oranges, peeled and segmented, juice reserved
* 2 grapefruit, peeled and segmented, juice reserved
* 1 splash champagne
* 2 small bunches lamb’s lettuce, (mache)
* 2 sprigs chervil
1. Chop the red mullet into pieces a similar size to the scallops, and mix with the scallops. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a little olive oil and butter together in a non-stick frying pan until hot. Add the seafood mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, then turn over and switch off the heat.
3. Arrange the lemon, orange and grapefruit segments on a tray and carefully use a blowtorch to lightly char them.
4. Make a dressing by mixing the lemon, orange and grapefruit juices in a bowl. Whisk in a little champagne and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, arrange the citrus segments in a circular pattern on serving plates. Sit the scallop and red mullet pieces on top and scatter with the lamb’s lettuce. Drizzle with the dressing and finish each plate with a sprig of chervil.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Win a Canadian Club Mini Mal Surfboard on getfrank.co.nz
Walkerville Ontario - Canada Join the Discussion..
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI