Here is a mouthwatering rustic Roast Lamb Rack recipe from Vivace to celebrate Auckland Restaurant Month. Recipe for roasted lamb rack on potato, beetroot and feta gratin with baby vegetables, and a pomegranate jus.
For the gratin, you will need:
2 Large agria potatoes-thinly sliced
1-2 large beetroot-thinly sliced
200g Large spinach leaves
Salt and pepper
For the Vegetables
4 Baby red beetroot, blanched, skinned and halved
4 Baby golden beetroot, blanched, skinned and halved
4 Baby turnips, blanched, skinned and halved
8 Baby carrots, blanched and skinned
12 stems of broccolini, blanched
For the rest, you will need:
4×6 bone on lamb rack
200ml Beef Jus (a good quality Jus can be purchased from your local supermarket)
20ml Pomegranate Molasses
How to make Roasted Lamb Rack:
For the gratin
- Mix the cream with the garlic, salt and pepper and put in a little jug
- Layer the potato, beetroot, spinach and feta, sprinkling with a little of the cream mix after every few layers. Finish with potato on the top layer and the last of the cream.
- Cover and bake at 180c for 50-60min or until soft.
- While the gratin is cooking clean and trim your lamb rack cutting down to 3 bone pieces (you may get one bone extra on the end, save for another day)
- Sear the rack in a nice hot pan with a little oil and then put in the oven for 10min or more depending on how you like your lamb cooked
- Once cooked to your liking rest out of the pan while preparing the dish
- Bring the Jus to a simmer and whisk in the pomegranate
For the Vegetables:
Once the vegetable are clean and cut sauté in a pan with a little oil to give colour. If possible keep the beetroots and other vegetables separate as they turn everything red. Season to your liking and serve.
- Evenly divide the gratin and place in the centre of your plate, put the sautéed vegetables around the gratin with the broccolini on top of the gratin for height
- Place the lamb rack on top of the broccolini interlocking the bones and then pour over the Jus
The fabulous Restaurant Month is on now in Auckland so popular High Street Italian restaurant Vivace shared this roast lamb rack recipe.
Chef Paolo Pancotti, formerly of Lorenza di Medici’s cooking school in Chianti, returns for Vivace’s annual long lunch of four rustic courses along with stunning Italian wine. Vivace, 50 High Street – 8 August, bookings from 12pm Tickets incl. 4 courses and glass of prosecco $85. To book phone 09 302 2303 http://www.heartofthecity.co.nz/auckland-events/food-and-drink-events/vivace-long-italian-lunch
Cocktails, Shots, & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Updated daily for your twisted enjoyment...
Check out today's videos, they take up our broadband bandwidth but these Youtube clips are particularly worth it!
Spring Break FIJI Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary
What an incredible ride!
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI - YOUTUBE
- SPRING BREAK FIJI - TIK TOK
New Zealand's ultimate source for whey protein powder, weight loss & protein powder