- chicken breast
- red pepper
- garlic shoots / green garlic
- a fresh chilli
- a dab of chilli bean paste
- lemon grass (dried is fine)
- sesame oil
- kecap manis
- one of those little baby limes
- fresh basil (handful)
- cashew nuts
This is a clean-tasting Thai-influenced dish for one that isn't too spicy and has lots of texture, with the moist chicken and crunchy cashew nuts.
1. Mash together a clove of garlic, a wedge of ginger, a chilli, the zest of half the baby lime and some sesame oil into a paste. Cut the chicken and mix it into the paste. Leave in the fridge for a little while to let the paste flavour the chicken.
2. Heat some oil in a wok. Soften up some chopped red peppers and add the chicken. Move it about a bit, then add a dab of chilli bean paste and a dash of kecap manis - not too much as you don't want to darken the colour of the dish. Add a couple of stalks of lemon grass. Season with a little salt and white pepper.
3. Add chopped garlic shoots and the cashew nuts. Throw it about a bit for another minute or so. For a saucier dish, you can add half a cup of chicken stock before this step.
4. Remove the lemon grass stalks. Turn off the heat and scatter over some roughly-torn basil leaves. Don't let the basil "cook" as it will go dark and look rubbish.
5. Plate up, squeeze over a little of the lime and serve. Optionally drizzle some chilli oil for a bit more fire / colour.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Win a Canadian Club Mini Mal Surfboard on getfrank.co.nz
Walkerville Ontario - Canada Join the Discussion..
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI