OK, SO I love braised dishes...what chef doesn't. So I thought I would give up this recipe for you all to try. I am opening a restaurant next month so I'll start posting some dishes from the main dinner menu....cheers!
What you need;
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
6 ea Beef Short Ribs, English style
1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns, crushed
5 Cloves Garlic, peeled
3 Large shallots, diced
1 Medium Carrots, peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch lengths
1 Stalks Celery, peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch lengths
1 Medium Leek, white and light green parts only, coarsely chopped
1 Bay Leaf
1 tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 quart Unsalted Beef stock or chicken stock
Freshly Ground White Pepper
Organic flour, for dredging
To make these badboys;
1. Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large casserole, large enough to hold the 6 portions of ribs, over medium-high heat.
3. Season the ribs all over with salt and the crushed pepper.
4. Dust the ribs with about 2 tablespoons of organic flour. Sear the ribs for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until well browned. Remove and reserve.
5. Lower the heat to medium, and toss in the vegetables and herbs.
6. Sauté the vegetable until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes, then stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute to blend.
7. Add the browned ribs and stock back into the pot.
8. Bring to a boil, cover and cook until the ribs are tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
9. Carefully transfer the meat to a heated serving platter, cover, and keep warm.
10. Boil the pan liquid down until it thickens (if need be) and reduces to approximately 16 ounces (2 cups).
11. Season with salt and pepper and pass through a fine-mesh strainer; discard the solids.
12. Pour the sauce over the meat & serve.
For the persillade; Mix the equal parts of chopped garlic and chopped parsley together with a bit of kosher salt and your all good...
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Win Kiwiana Uniquely New Zealand $24.99
This book would be an excellent addition to my personal library. Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI