Port Wine Chicken
2 Kumara, washed
¼ Purple cabbage, finely sliced
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the over to 200c.
- Sprinkle an oven dish lightly with salt and set the kumara on it. Place in the oven and cook until tender when pieced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, plunge the cabbage into a pot of boiling water and cook until tender.
- Drain the cabbage and refresh in cold water. Once cool, drain and set aside.
- Cut the cook kumara in half and scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a medium size bowl.
- Mash the kumara until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir through the cabbage and mould into patties with lightly floured hands.
- Heat a frying pan, spray lightly with cooking oil spray and brown on each side.
2x 200g Chicken breast, skin removed
Salt and pepper
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
2 tsp crushed garlic, available at all supermarkets
- Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken breast.
- Place a no stick pan over low heat and if required spray lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Gently fry the garlic and thyme until fragrant or when the garlic becomes translucent.
- If the garlic begins to stick, lower the heat more and add 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Push the garlic and thyme to the edge of the pan and shift the pan so the garlic won’t cook, but will allow you to heat the pan over high heat to sear the chicken.
- Sear the chicken breast for 1 minute on each side to brown.
- Standing back, pour in the port, lower heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Cook the chicken in the port, covered for about 15 minutes or until firm when pressed.
- During the 15 minutes, turn the chicken twice to coat in the port.
- Meanwhile cook the corn and asparagus
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and reduce the port slightly over medium heat.
Corn and Asparagus:
1 Fresh corn, husk removed
1 bunch of fresh asparagus or beans
15g Italian parsley chopped
- Place the corn in a medium sized microwave safe bowl with two tablespoons of water. Cover with glad wrap or a plate and microwave for 2-3 minutes on high.
- Plunge the asparagus into boiling water and refresh in cold water when it turns bright green in colour. Drain when completely cold.
- Cut the corn into thick rings, cutting through the core.
- Place the kumara in the centre of each plate, top with the corn and asparagus, followed by the chicken breast.
- Spoon over the port juices and sprinkle with the chopped Italian parsley to serve.
Win a Canadian Club Mini Mal Surfboard on getfrank.co.nz
Walkerville Ontario - Canada Join the Discussion..
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI