How to make Pan-Roasted Trout with Vegetables & Rosemary-Thyme Sauce
* 2 trout fillets
* potatoes (I prefer new potato, leaving the skin on) / quartered
* small red onion / quartered
* yellow and orange pepper / sliced
* courgette / sliced
* cherry tomato / halfed
* salt & pepper
* olive oil
for the dressing
* 1 garlic
* 1 tbs rosemary / finely chopped
* 1 tbs lemon thyme
* 1 lemon
* extra virgin olive oil
* black pepper
1. Put the potatoes into a big mixing bowl, sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper and few glugs of olive oil. Get your hands in there and mix it all up.
2. Place onto a baking tray and place into the oven. (200 degrees celsius)
3. Repeat the first step but using the vegetables this time, and place onto a separate baking tray then into the oven.
4. Coat the trout with olive oil and season.
5. Place into a hot frying pan, skin down first and fry for a minute. Then turn over and cook for 2 - 4min depending on thickness.
6. Place the fish onto a baking tray and into the oven.
7. To make the dressing. Use pestle and mortar to grind the herbs together and add the rest of the ingredients. Remember to constantly taste the dressing while you are making it, the quantities are not absolute!
8. Pile the goods together and serve with the dressing drizzled on top! For bonus points, sprinkle all over with some lemon thyme.
( The potatoes take about 15 mins to cook in total, the vegetables around 10 min and the fish only takes around 5 min or so to cook in the oven... if something is cooking too quickly just move it to the bottom shelve of the oven.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI