Caramelised onion omelette
Mmmmm, omelettes, a protein punch to the gut and oh so tasty. This recipe is a take on an old favourite, adding slightly different flavours while being just as easy to whip up in 15 minutes and serves two...
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground white pepper to taste
This is not the French-style omelette that is a meal in itself, but omelette like my mum used to make it, best to eat with rice. Parsley sprinkles are unnecessary. I was just desperate to use up some in my fridge.
- Slice onions finely.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan set over very low heat. Add onions and stir to cook frequently, until onions turn soft. Do not allow to brown.
- Sprinkle mirin over onions and continue cooking until onions become sticky and golden.
- While the onions are cooking, crack eggs into a bowl and add the salt and pepper. Beat well.
- Distribute onions evenly over pan. Turn up heat to medium and add eggs to the pan with the onions.
- Stir gently with a spatula while swirling the pan. Do this until the surface is just set and the underside is golden brown.
- Flip the omelette over to cook the other side.
- Slide onto a plate and either leave whole to serve, or cut it up into quarters.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Check http://www.opensourcefood.com/people/tommy/recipes/caramelised-onion-omelette/
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI