Hommus is one of those exotic, really tasty - really healthy dips that everyone loves because it works so well for savoury snacks from vegetables to chips to a spread for sandwiches; and because it's made from chickpeas it's very high in protein.
- 400g cooked chickpeas (I normally use canned chickpeas)
- 3 tablespoons tahini sesame paste
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- paprika powder
This Middle Eastern dip is best served with flatbread like pita or Turkish bread.
1. Put the boiled chickpeas together with the tahini into a pot.
2. Squeeze the lemon, add the juice, the garlic clove and the olive oil to the mixture.
3. Add about half a spoon of cumin and salt to taste.
4. Use a hand blender to bring it all together. Blend until very smooth.
5. Add a bit of water if the consistency is too thick.
6. Sprinkle a bit of paprika powder on top.
7. Serve cold.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. The original article is here:
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI