Get some of this delicacy down ya.
- 2 portions of cooked rice
- 2 duck legs or breasts
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp ground Szechuan pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 shallot (it's best to use the small, purple Asian variety, not the one I used in this picture)
- 1 tbsp tamari or dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- greens of your choice
- Rub the skins of the duck with the mixture of sugar, five-spice powder and Szechuan pepper. Leave for 15 minutes or so. Preheat oven to 190 deg celcius.
- In a dry frying pan, place duck skin side down and cook over medium heat for skin to crisp. The fats from the duck will be expelled by the heat so there really is no need to add any oil.
- Place duck skin side up in a roasting tin and add 1 tbsp of the fat into the tin. Mix 1/2 tbsp honey with the same amount of water and brush on the duck skin. Place in oven to cook, around 25 - 35 minutes depending on how well you like the meat. When done, drain off all the oil and let the duck sit in a warm place for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- In the meantime, reserve about 1 tbsp of duck fat in the pan and add sliced shallots to cook over a low heat. When shallots are very soft, add soy sauce, rest of the honey and water and bring to boil. You can add some cornstarch to thicken the gravy, or just leave it as it is.
- Boil greens and chop up finely.
- To assemble, top the rice with the greens, thinly sliced duck meat and some gravy.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. The original article is here:
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI