The Italians may have as much chance at the Rugby World Cup as we do at Formula 1, but they sure know how to make their complex carbohydrates match up to a good vino. Here's a great way to indulge...
Dish time: 20 mins
- 200 grams fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Large Onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped ham off the bone
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cream
- 1 egg
- Handful Italian Parsley
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil
- Cook fettuccine until al dente (approximately 7-8 minutes)
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and fry the onion and garlic until tender, then remove from pan.
- Turn up heat and fry chopped ham until crispy
- Mix cream, mustard, cheese, parsley and egg together in bowl with a fork.
- Drain pasta once cooked and place back in pot with 1 tablespoon of olive to prevent pasta sticking together.
- Over low heat stir cream mixture, cooked garlic, onion and ham through pasta for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
- 200g fettuccine pasta
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Sliced ham off the bone
- Parmesan cheese
- Whole grain mustard
- 175ml cream
- 1 egg
- Italian Parsley
Images and recipe copyright of Kristy Austin.
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Win Kiwiana Uniquely New Zealand $24.99
This book would be an excellent addition to my personal library. Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI