This is a wonderful, dark, beef stew that is great over noodles.
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 2 Hrs
READY IN 2 Hrs 20 Min
* 1 pound bacon, diced
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 20 small boiling onions, peeled
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 pounds lean beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 16 ounces dark beer
* 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 lemon, juiced and zested
* 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1. Blanch the bacon for 1 minute in boiling water. Drain.
2. Place bacon and butter or margarine in a large covered pot or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until bacon is browned. Add onions; cook until golden. Add garlic, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes; take care not to burn the garlic. Remove bacon mixture from pot, and set aside.
3. Add beef to the fat left in the pot, and brown on all sides. When meat is browned, return bacon mixture to the pot. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add enough beer to just barely cover the meat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. Remove pot from heat, and stir in parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Serve hot.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI