How to make Avocado Mango Salad with Grilled Shrimp
2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 Hass avocados, pitted, peeled & cubed
1 mango, peeled and diced
Lime wedges, for serving
1 mango, peeled and finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, seeded & diced
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat gas grill to high.
2. Make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients (except oil) in a blender and blend until smooth. While blender is running, remove lid and pour in oil in a steady stream.
3. Continue blending for several seconds, then remove and set aside.
4. Prepare the shrimp: Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a papertowel. Add about 1/3 cup of dressing and toss to coat. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. String onto wooden or metal skewars for grilling. Grill over high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill, let cool, them remove from skewars.
5. In a large bowl, combine mango, avocado and grilled shrimp. Add dressing to taste; toss lightly and serve.
6. In this picture, I dressed fresh mizuna from the garden with a little dressing and topped it with the grilled shrimp salad.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Win a Canadian Club Mini Mal Surfboard on getfrank.co.nz
Walkerville Ontario - Canada Join the Discussion..
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI