We'll start with the basics, and go through your suit in general including your jacket, shirts, ties, pants, shoes, socks, jewellery and grooming. Onwards sartorial soldiers!
• Clothes that suit your physical shape
• Suit, tie and shirt in coordinated colours / patterns
• Short, clean well styled hair
• No excess hair evident or protruding from anywhere
• Light, elegant cologne
• Clothes clean and well pressed
• No buttons missing or hems down
• Nothing torn, stained or discoloured
• Shirt collars and tie knots are not loosened during the day
• It’s easier to dress down than dress up • when in doubt always err on the side of being over-dressed.
• To relax your look, first remove your jacket followed by your tie, and then release the first button on your shirt.
• Clean and free of wrinkles, dandruff, dirt or stains
• Your suit, tie and shirt are pleasingly and appropriately coordinated
• To be professional and people-friendly, wear a medium-dark single-breasted suit
• Lays flat across your shoulders with no wrinkles or rolls
• The length just covers your buttocks
• Drapes well, lapels lay flat against your chest, vents and pockets do not pull open when jacket is closed
• Buttons do not strain when closed
• A pocket handkerchief, if worn, is in a background colour of the tie (not matching)
• Appropriate colour and / or pattern
• Fits well around neck and the sleeve length is not too long or short
• Well pressed; no wrinkles in collar, cuffs or facing
• If buttoned, the collar should be loose enough to fit two fingers into the neckline
• Collar of shirt stands approx 1.25 cm above collar of jacket
• Sleeve extends 1.25 cm below the jacket sleeve hem
• Collar points lay flat against the shirt
• Sleeve length to wrist bone
• Top-stitching is even without puckering or loose threads
• Sleeves are only ever rolled up to just below the elbow
• Length ends within the width of belt
• Widest part of the tie matches widest part of lapel
• Tie knot is balanced with shirt collar width
• A four-in-hand knot suits most shirt collars
• Just breaking in the front
• If cuffed, the hem tapers toward the back
• Leg falls straight from buttocks
• Sits at natural waistline and is parallel to ground
• Pockets do not strain or bulge
• Well-pressed and clean
• Lace-ups have the most professional image
• Dark colours: black, cordovan, or brown
• Thin or medium sole
• Avoid boots
• Fine fabric that is fine and free of pills
• Colour matches pants
• Subtle patterns that resemble solid from a distance
• Long enough to cover calf; no skin showing
Jewellery and other accessories
• Avoid bracelets, chains, fancy rings and earnings
• Watch is best if flat faced and of classic design with a gold, silver, or leather strap
• Avoid tinted glasses
• Braces should be in neutral colour to complement the tie, jacket or shirt
• Avoid clip-on suspenders
• Simple, classic polished leather belts and plain buckles that are in good condition
• Skin and teeth in good condition
• Free of all odours, especially body odour
Win a Canadian Club Mini Mal Surfboard on getfrank.co.nz
Walkerville Ontario - Canada Join the Discussion..
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI