"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."
Ten basic things every man should have in his closet:
1. The "Hello, You Can Trust Me" Blue Suit Solid or 7/8 or 1/2 chalk stripe ) traditional cut "well tailored", two or three button (depending on your height) in an all season high performance worsted wool and cashmere fabric.
Your coloring and season (Autumn, Spring, Winter or Summer) will determine the intensity of the blue from deep intense navy to royal blue. The blue suit is the "correct suit" in just about every social scenario from business meetings to social gatherings it works perfectly.
Choose high performance soft fabrics, for this is the suit that will receive the most wear and it needs to be in a fabric that is comfortable enough to be worn for long periods of time.
2. The "I Mean Business" Grey Solid Suit Italian cut "well tailored" with a wider shoulder expression , two or three button (depending on your height) in an all season silk and cashmere blend.
This is a suit you will wear in more solemn and serious environments like courtrooms or board meetings or social scenarios like funerals. It creates a look of authority and power. It is indeed a true power suit.
Again, your coloring and season (Autumn, Spring, Winter or Summer) will determine the intensity of the grey from dark charcoals to the lighter greys. This suit should have a subtle to medium sheen to give the wearer a luminous look intensifying the image projected thus the cashmere / silk fabric.
Note: If you are only going to have two suits in your closet they need to be well made. Why wear clothing that isn't going to look good or last?
3. The "Uniform, White Dress Shirt" (well tailored) in 2 ply sea island cotton or 2 ply twill 100% cotton, in straight collar "only" for suits please (don't ruin the look of a suit by wearing a button down with a tie; with sport coats and blazers a button down with a tie is o.k.).
If you wear a suit regularly, you will probably need a least six in your closet and please never wear this shirt without a tee shirt underneath. Why 100% cotton? It just looks and feels better. It's also a more breathable fabric. Wash and wear or cotton blends cause you to become more heated because of the synthetic weave.
If you want to avoid wrinkles request "heavy starch". Your coloring and season (Autumn, Spring, Winter or Summer) will again determine the intensity of the white from the luminous bright white to the cream or subtle oyster colors.
4. The "Classy, but informal Blue Blazer" In a traditional or contemporary cut less fitted with a fine weave Super 100's gabardine wool fabric, the blazer should be somewhat loosely comfortable but not baggy. This always works in a pinch and can be worn over shirt and tie or polo. Traditionally worn in casual less formal social scenarios but can be worn in business environments as well.
5. The "Intrepid Red Hand Made Silk Tie" in shade of red / burgundy that matches your coloring and season, solid or a conservative pattern in a length that is right for your height. Why red? It adds enough contrast to the rest of your garments to give you a look that captivates and compliments. Why hand made? Because it lasts.
Log on next week for part 2.
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Win Kiwiana Uniquely New Zealand $24.99
This book would be an excellent addition to my personal library. Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI