Dominic Quin is Fonterra's Director – Digital Transformation.
1. In a nutshell, what is your role at Fonterra?
Leading Fonterra’s digital transformation
2. What do you most enjoy about your role?
Working with passionate, progressive people who believe in the power of digital technology solutions
3. What is your favourite thing about New Zealand business people?
Kiwis’ smart, can do attitude
4. You’ve worked in Australia and New Zealand; are there any big differences between how businesses operate?
From a corporate perspective, Australia is more globally integrated. New Zealand has a bias towards SMEs
5. How has your career path changed from when you started out to your current position?
I started my career on a farm in the UK, moved into value-add marketing and customer experience roles in CPG, retail, and entertainment in UK, Australia and New Zealand. My most recent roles have been global roles leading consumer centric change at Fonterra.
6. What is your top tip to anyone looking to start their own company?
Know (and anticipate) your customer needs better than anyone else.
7. Do you have a motto that you stick to when it comes to how you do business?
Treat others how you expect to be treated.
8. If you could give your twenty-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Take every opportunity.
9. Who is your business role model and why?
I have had a few, but the stand out was David Novak (ex-President of Yum! Brands) – a visionary leader who delivered sustained business growth by building a global, consumer-centricity organisation. He built simple frameworks which liberated business leaders.
10. What are you most looking forward to at PwC Herald Talks – Global vs. Local?
Sharing ideas on how to give New Zealand an advantage in an ever growing and urbanised world.
To view the full list of panelists and purchase tickets for the PwC Herald Talks - Global vs. Local series in Auckland and Wellintgon, please visit the website.
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Win Kiwiana Uniquely New Zealand $24.99
This book would be an excellent addition to my personal library. Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI