Discussing :: Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Sennheiser’s previous flagship reference headphones (HD650) have been an important part of this writer’s hi-fi system since 2006; they’ve been in heavy use and they sound as amazing now as they did on day one. Would the new top of range Sennheiser HD800s really improve on the 650s? A rapturous response to the HD800s in forums, websites and magazines suggested it was time to start saving the shekels.While I’d love to report that they’re merely a slight improvement over the 650s, this would be a lie. It’s all true: Sennheiser has worked a minor miracle, because the HD800s are a major step forward.First, they’re... read full article

Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Wow - these look AWESOME!!

Beast!

How much they cost

They're $2300 at musicthingz.com
For $2300 you'd hope they be pretty amazing, especially considering once you got them you'd have to spend that again on a headphone amp.

I'm interested to know if there is any objective difference in sound between $5k worth of headphones and $500 headphones.
With a $4500 cost difference I think anyone could talk themselves into believing they had spent their money well. Cognitive dissonance anyone?

I'm not gonna pay 4 grand for headphones, what do they think we are? Jay Z?

It would be interesting to know how many they sell. I mean seriously, how many people would part with 4k for some headphones? How can anyone justify such a price? Imagine rocking back from the music shop and the wife says "Honey, did you get me that Lilly Allen CD I asked for?" and you say "No sweetie, the really smart salesman sold me these headphones for only four grand" The wife replies "Awesome! What was her name? and did she throw in some magic beans?

from my point of view it is aesthetically appealing and functional despite the price

Want... need something amazing to block out the Ladygaga and other shit being played b the flatmates. What ever the price I think it will be worth it!!

Good to hear these are comfortable, because I own Senn's HD205 headphones, and they are like, wow, uncomfortable. These look awesome. Very New Millennium James Bond. Sad to hear that MGM just axed Bond 23. Maybe they'll sell the franchise to another studio to raise some green to put towards their $3 billion debt. I suspect we've seen the end of Daniel Craig as James Bond. Who's next... Let the speculation begin...

Wow, there the most sexy headphones I've seen yet, and apparently they sound good as well. Wish I could listen to my new favourite band on the HD800s "Hobbits on Smack". $2300 would be a steal to be able to listen to such a great band. Check them out on Facebook after you become a fan of Frank.

Latest discussions

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreak FIJI SpringBreak FIJI

Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...

• TourismHQ TourismHQ

With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...

• SPRING BREAK FIJI