Discussing :: Protecting your phone at winter events

With some great winter events coming up, like Ohakune’s Mardi Gras 2013, happening Saturday June 29, staying in contact with friends is important. In fact, 92% of us bring our smartphones to events. I can only assume the other 8% haven’t jumped on the smartphone bandwagon… yet!  Most of us take our phones wherever we go – if they aren’t glued to our hand, they’re always nearby. But keeping your phone close doesn’t always mean that it’s safe. Nearly a third of us don’t have a password lock on our smartphone, and over a third of us don’t take any precaution at all to protect our smartphones. To... read full article

#21

not yet thank god but got gps tracker on it ;) booyaa

#22

I've just bought my first Smart phone. So it all helps. Wish there was Smart Phone classes.

#23

I have been lucky I think. How awful to lose your phone or have it pinched - especially these days - must be like losing a limb - there is so much information in my phone that I need constantly. I don't even know anyone's phone numbers or email addresses anymore - my phone takes care of that!

#24

I have lost two phone one in a wellington carpark bulding well on holiday and one well working in kaiapoi.

#25

I lost mine on a night out drinking - I tried phoning it as soon as I got home, but straight to voicemail - I knew straight away someone else had 'claimed' it, as it had a full battery before that - was gutted to lose all my contacts and the photos I had on the phone :(

#26

so went out for a night, come home an never had seen my phone agan!!! eekkk so dont know if it was stolen or i sumhow lost it! lol

Features

Endorsed Events

  • SpringBreak FIJI SpringBreak FIJI

    Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything

  • The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

    The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

  • Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

    Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...

  • TourismHQ TourismHQ

    With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...

  • SPRING BREAK FIJI