Discussing :: Philips Voicetracer 600 Dictaphone

Transcribing notes is a pain for everyone, whether you’re a journalist, a student, a doctor or a lawyer. This Philips dictaphone promises to ease the burden of turning voice into data by bundling a copy of Dragon’s Naturally Speaking speech recognition software to automatically transcribe any recordings.I’ve been familiar with Naturally Speaking since its earliest days when accuracy was limited; recent versions generally work very well once the user has ‘trained’ the software to recognise their individual speech patterns and vocal eccentricities.So that part of the equation is pretty much covered (unless you speak with something... read full article

Philips Voicetracer 600 Dictaphone

I am glad a monkey could use this product without a manual because there are a few monkeys at my job who can barely use a toaster.

The problem I have with recording devices is that the discussion is usually boring enough the first time through, let alone having to go through it again a second time. I don't even take notes, and happily rely on my memory for the important bits. I take the approach that if it isn't memorable, then it isn't worth remembering. I guess there are others out there, though, who have bad memories. To them, they probably enjoy the second reading as if it's a whole new conversation. Haha.

Dragon Naturally Speaking speech recognition software could be used with a similar device.

Great to see the Dictaphone back, and looking so good too. Now let's bring back the girls from the Typing Pool and the Gestetner Duplicating Machine (young ones, ask your parents!) and all sanity will be restored.

Apple ipod has set a high bench mark for electronics.

ah a new transponder... beam me up scotty!

Yeah i think Apple has ruined it for you. It probably still does a great job but not as flash as Apple.

Yeah have one of these at home , very essential tool to use ! loving it !! =)

may not be flash but phillips are a decent brand so should be alright

Even the greatest man needs to hear his own voice, review his thoughts and... start all over again lol.

Features

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreak FIJI SpringBreak FIJI

Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...

• TourismHQ TourismHQ

With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...

• SPRING BREAK FIJI