Discussing :: Masport – 100 Years in the Making Giveaway

Masport’s Place in NZ History Recorded A new book celebrating the rich history of iconic Kiwi company Masport catalogues the first 100 years of the proud New Zealand brand. From Masport’s humble beginnings in 1910 as a small engineering firm based in Auckland to the creation of its first mower in 1929 and later the manufacture of World War II grenades and military equipment - each historical achievement has been recorded and illustrated with original photographs.  Masport – 100 Years in the Making includes anecdotes from past and present staff, including insights from David Porter, grandson of Masport’s founder Rueben... read full article

Masport – 100 Years in the Making Giveaway

The Masport petrol mower was a great invention the old hand rell mowers are so hard to use unless you have a small well kept lawn, not a long,weedy one like ours LOL

Sounds like it might be an interesting read

sounds an interesting read

As a teenager my father used to pay me 2 shillings and sixpence to mow our laws. He bought a Masport motor mower and was quite proud of it. He showed me how to clean the machine after the lawns were mowed. Hosing it down and drying it with a cloth. He told me to buy quality. I can remember how the machine was very solid and always went well. Now 50 years later I have still got a masport. I have always purchased these quality machines. Thank you to my father.

The Masport name is like Watties tomato sauce,L&P,an iconic brand name.I have just recently purchased a new Masport and it runs like a charm. Bear1

Latest discussions

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreak FIJI SpringBreak FIJI

Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...

• TourismHQ TourismHQ

With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...

• SPRING BREAK FIJI