Discussing :: Ladyhawke sweeps, soars andâ... stutters her way through the 2009 Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards

The VNZMA's celebrate New Zealand's premier talent in the music industry. Comedian Dai Henwood hosted the night and had a bevy of high profile celebrities helping to present awards. Aneka Moa stole the spotlight from just about everyone, and The Mint Chicks performed an extraordinary rendition of Ray Columbus' "She's a Mod." Smashproof, with substantial help from Gin, blew the crowd away with the, pardon the pun, "smash" hit, Brother. And Ladyhawke, well, did her best... The night was definitely dominated by Ladyhawke who accrued 6 Tui's, including the hugely competitive "Album of the Year" award. Yet Ladyhawke's utter shyness,... read full article

Ladyhawke sweeps, soars andâ... stutters her way through the 2009 Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards

Is NZ rock being ignored? Only 3 rock bands represented throughout all nominations, though The Feelers did have the biggest selling album of the year. I want to know - where was the recognition for Luger Boa, Dimmer, The Checks who have all had new and successful releases this year?

I aggree - there was a serious lack of variety int he finalists and line up. So we are presenting a very narrow perspective on our music - not a great idea. We should be celebrating and showing our diversity AND history with our awards. Not just what played well on the Edge.

Yeah I agree with Iain and Tania about the Best Rock Album. some great Kiwi Rock bands missed out on being nominated and The Mint Chicks and Cut Off Your Hands, with all due respect, aren't exactly Rock.

Maybe get the Rock radio station to sort out the nominees?

Ladyhawke sweeps, soars andâ... stutters her way through the 2009 Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards

I saw ladyhawke on the UK comedy show 'FM' (stars the main guy from the IT Crowd). They love her in the UK. It's nice to see her receiving the recognition in good ole NZ that she is already getting offshore

Great to see NZ Music and ladyhawke making a big hit in the UK, even making it onto the Ministry of Sound - The Annual 2009.

Ladyhawke has Asburges syndrome, It doesn't effect her music, shes said it could be the reason she was so into her music. If she is a little shy and awkward on stage, shes doing bloody amazing to get up on stage in the first place.

I guess if you wanna make it big you've gotta leave NZ, nice to see Ladyhawke coming back tho.

The New Zealand music scene really does, um, rock. And does pop, hip hop, "indigenous", dance, gospel etc - you name it and we have world class talent to perform it. Sure, this year Ladyhawke dominated but I beleive that the awards showcased bands, artists and overall music talent we should be proud to play anywhere.

I thort LADYHAWKE is a rock chic goddness,infact i liked her SO much i purchased the ALBUM!,Nice to see DAVE DOBBYN presenting an award,as well ae ANIKA MOA.

Lady hawke,AWESOME Home Grown New zealand Talent,watch this Girl she is GREAT !!!!!!!!!

You've neglected, as most media in New Zealand has, to mention the acclaimed Tami Neilson who won the Tui for best Country album. She is a great musician and deserves the honour of receiving the Tui award this year.

Ladyhawke was so deserving to win her prizes, she is a fantastic singer and the best part about her is she is normal and down to earth! she rocks and I'll always support her music!

Features

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreak FIJI SpringBreak FIJI

Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...

• TourismHQ TourismHQ

With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...

• SPRING BREAK FIJI