Discussing :: Get Frank's "Best Albums of 2009"

Top 5 Albums of 2009 Forget the 'best of decade' lists; 2009 had plenty of great music to call its own. In my humble opinion these are the albums that defined the year:   1) The xx - xx The xx were unquestionably the biggest buzz band of 2009. Their eponymous debut was surrounded by so much hype, that anything less than pure musical excellence would have been considered a disappointment. And against all odds, the only-just-post-adolescent South Londoners not only lived up to the hype, but completely surpassed it. The xx's music beguiles, entrances and lulls you into a euphorically comatose state - one from which you will never want to... read full article

Get Frank's "Best Albums of 2009"

I only know Pheonix and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs! Definatly must take a look at these other top albums!

I know Pheonix, bloody good music too! Rocked 09 for me ;)

What an interesting mix of albums - so intriguing that the the 2 or 3 I didn't have are now in my CD rack - thanks for the heads up!!

I dont have a clue who these people are! You make me keen as to listen to some of them though, ill give it a go!

With you on Dead Weather & YYYs...great music...

Latest discussions

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreak FIJI SpringBreak FIJI

Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...

• TourismHQ TourismHQ

With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...

• SPRING BREAK FIJI