Discussing :: Bushmills 1608 - Experience Irish Whiskey at its Best

Celebrate 400 years of heritage with limited edition whiskey Bushmills 1608, distilled with ‘crystal malt’ for exceptional smoothness. This exclusive blend is an absolute treat for all whiskey lovers, don’t miss out. RRP of $119 each, Get Frank has two bottles to giveaway & the competition is Restricted to readers over 18 years, requiring pickup from GFHQ in Auckland.   To get your foot in the door - for the opportunity to win, detail below your proudest accomplishment of 2008. read full article

Bushmills 1608 - Experience Irish Whiskey at its Best

2008 has been a bit of a roller coaster ride really. I guess I'm pretty proud about having Diamond GA tickets for Iron Maiden.

First I would like to mention my great great grand father was born Bushmills, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, I have few days ago mentioned this in my Te Ara Reo Maori class as part of my end of year speach, my Tangata Rongonui.
"Ko John McCaughan tōku Tangata Rongonui
Ko ia tōku tupuna tāne tuarua.
Ko te toru tekau mā tahi o Hūrae i te tau kotahi mano waru rau whitu tekau mā ono i whānau mai ia
Nō Bushmills, County Antrim, Northern Ireland ia, i whanau mai i reira"

Giving this speach with out making a mess of it is what I would call my proudest accomplishment of 2008.

For got to mention in my last post
"Ko Bushmills te wāhi tawhito o te ao ki te mahi weheki."
"Bushmills is the home of the oldest whiskey distillery in the world"

Sold a house - in this market it was damn near impossible. Took 9 months of pain, suffering and money going down the toilet. I need a Bushmills after that.

Decided to start being a responsable adult... moved out of my parents place, all thats needed now is a nice bottle of Whiskey to celebrate ;)

Finally managed to get into the course that I have been trying to get in for 3 years. Wish my grandparents were still alive to celebrate with the family..

In 2007 I was a boy, in 2008 I'm a man. And a man needs a good whiskey.

was pissed as a fart on Bush when i was 6! In 2008 i made it to 40, a new career, bought our first home and remembered the wifes birthday. The whole year was my greatest achievement!!

in 2008 Being alive feels pretty good, after a near fatal Motor bike accident in Jan , and then racing my first street stock car race at the speedway last sat night. ! wicked. !!

My proudest moment would have to be meeting Ozzy Osbourne at Rock 2 WGTN over Easter. I won a meet and greet with the man and took my little bro.

While we were there we also met David Coverdale of Whitesnake and Sharon Osbourne. Best week ever!

You can check out the photo here as well:

Latest discussions

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreak FIJI SpringBreak FIJI

Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...

• TourismHQ TourismHQ

With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...

• SPRING BREAK FIJI