You know the drill with summer on its way – lots of beach time, lots of sunscreen and lots of swimming between the flags. So what better way to support the guys and gals that make our beaches safe every summer than by getting into the spirit of Jandal Day!
Happening between the 2nd – 8th of December, Jandal Day is a celebration and a reminder of all the great work that lifeguards do. It’s also a fundraiser, ensuring that there’s plenty of support going towards training, beach patrols and new equipment for the 4000+ volunteers who work hard to keep us safe at our favorite beaches this summer.
Last season, SLNZ spent over 207,000 hours patrolling across New Zealand, performed over 1,000 rescues, administered first aid to over 1,500 beach goers and were responsible for 296,000 safety interventions. SLSNZ rely on grants, sponsorships, member fees and public donations for most of their funding.
So what can you do this Jandal Day? You can throw on a pair of jandals and give generously to the lifeguards who will be collecting. If you want to get a little more creative, you can jump on to www.surflifesaving.org.nz and register as a supporter. If you’re an organization – set up a team! The Jandal Day website will keep track of all your efforts. As an individual, the Hero Meter will show you and everyone else exactly how much you’ve made and who’s made the most. As a group, you can challenge others to beat your efforts. Checkout the website for more great ideas about how you can get behind the cause.
Happy Jandal Day!
Other ways to support Jandal Day:
- Online at www.surflifesaving.org.nz
- Post your donation to: Surf Life Saving, PO Box 9205, Wellington 6141, Freepost 100280.
- Making a donation at your local State Insurance branch.
- Drop some cash into KFC’s in-store and drive through donation buckets.
- Purchase jandals from any Quiksilver store.
- There are a large range of businesses and stores supporting Appeal Week, so whether you are near a club or not you can still give generously.
- When you visit a BP service station you can round up your purchase which will go to supporting Surf Life Saving.
- Attend Coca Cola Christmas in the Park in Auckland on Saturday 8th December and give generously to our friendly lifeguards or buy some great Christmas glow sticks, Santa hats and more.
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI