New Zealand is currently in the midst of cougar boom. For those of us who don’t know the lingo, ‘cougar’ is the term used to describe a mature woman, interested in younger guys, known as ‘cubs’. Famous cougars include the likes of Kim Catrall, Jennifer Lopez, Demi Moore and Kylie. Another proud cougar is Claudia Opdenkelder, boss of Cougarlife.com – which has thousands of members across New Zealand – who gives us a run-down of how wannabe cubs can snare a cougar and capitalise on this opportunity!
- As a starting point, we’re after a decent age gap between cougar and cub – at least five years, ideally 10, or you can forget it. This is one of the first things we’ll be looking for in a potential partner, and really, we want our cubs to be the right side of 30 and below. And just so you know, us cougars hit our prime when we’re in our 40s!
- When you’ve identified a cougar, make your move, but be sure to be playful and flirtatious with us. Remember, we’re not necessarily interested in your car, your job, even how you dress – after all we’ve been with guys who earn ten times what you do. It’s all about what I call the “oomph” factor. We need to feel the chemistry, a connection and energy that makes us feel like our skin is on fire. No roses, candlelight dinners or other clichés necessary when the electricity is there. And don’t think we’re going to be easy – you’re going to have to work hard to get with us!
- Remember the benefits of being with a cougar – we’re generally very secure in ourselves, know what we want and aren’t afraid of asking for it. Think of Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez or Madonna and you’re bang on the money. But with this also comes a shift in the type of woman you might ordinarily go for. What’s key here is to be as open minded as possible, and focus on what you could be getting back from us in the bedroom.
- Chances are by dating a cougar, we’ll teach you a lot – and be prepared to be the passive one when it comes to the bedroom. We know what we want so we expect lots of foreplay and no selfish loving or early finishes. We also like to take the lead, and don’t be surprised if you get dominated. But that’s all part of the fun isn’t it?
- Be fun and playful – we want endless energy, good times and definitely no emotional baggage. We’ve had years of that from previous relationships with guys our own age so make sure you act your age and focus on having a great time with us.
- Find out where we like to play. Cougars often hunt in packs, and we just love places where young, fit guys hang out, so the pub you and the football team go after practice could be a good place to find us. Also think about more expensive wine bars or restaurants when you’re on the search – we have got a bit of money and a taste for the finer things after all!
Win a Canadian Club Mini Mal Surfboard on getfrank.co.nz
Walkerville Ontario - Canada Join the Discussion..
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Looking up Liams filmography I was astounded that the sheer number of films he has been in. 135!... Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Id love to send this to one of my American relatives to let them see what they are missing! Join the Discussion..
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI