A SMOOTH VALENTINES DAY
Baileys is a luscious indulgence - warming, creamy and chocolately – all bottled up in one irresistible package. It will melt the heart and the mouth of anyone lucky enough to receive it this Valentine’s Day!
Be as smooth as a Baileys on ice by picking the perfect gift, or if your special person is more the type that appreciates a thoughtful homemade gift, they’ll be weak at the knees over a beautifully packaged box of sinful homemade Baileys Truffles. If an intimate home-cooked meal is on the cards, indulge yourselves by serving up a special dessert for two – Baileys Ice Cream Pralines. You can find these tantalising recipes (and more!) on the Baileys Facebook page.
Whatever you choose – a perfect gift; homemade delights; or a romantic dinner for two – Baileys is the perfect complement to a great evening this Valentine’s Day.
Get Frank has two 700mL bottles of Baileys to give away. To enter simply comment below, then head over to Get Frank's love and relationships forum and make a decent contribution to finalise your entry. Don't forget to check out next week's newsletter to claim your prize if you are a winner!
BAILEYS ICE CREAM PRALINES
2 egg yolks
150ml whipping cream
150ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
125g ready-made ganache (either dark, milk or white chocolate, according to taste)
Small bar of chocolate
- Beat yolks and sugar together until creamy
- Heat cream and Baileys together, then slowly pour into the yolk egg mixture while stirring vigorously
- Heat the egg mixture carefully while stirring constantly until it thickens, but do not boil
- Pour the mixture into a metal dish and cool in cold water, stirring occasionally
- Place the mixture into an ice cream machine and freeze (if you don’t have one, place the mixture in the freezer and whisk vigorously once every 10 minutes)
- Once frozen, scoop out balls using an ice cream scoop, place on a plate and freeze for another hour
- In the meantime, melt the ganache over a bain marie (a metal bowl suspended over a pot of hot water – the bottom of the bowl not touching the water)
- Dip the ice cream balls into the ganache using a dessert fork or pour it over using a spoon
- Place the balls back on a plate in the freezer
- Once re-hardened, melt chocolate and drizzle in heart shapes over the pralines
- Keep in the freezer until serving
N.B – If ganache isn’t something you’ve made before, try this recipe.
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...
With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...
- SPRING BREAK FIJI