Inspired by a classic spanish omelette or tortilla de patatas, this delicious frittata is made up of few ingredients but is packed with lots of flavour. Potato and chorizo are the stars of the show, and this is the perfect quick and easy option for any time of the day.
Serves 2-3 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 35 Minutes
2 chorizo sausages (we love Hellers), cut into thin slices
1/4 red onion, finely sliced
400g new potatos, boiled (We love Wilcox Baby Perlas)
2tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
Fresh parsley to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake.
2. Place an ovenproof or cast iron pan over a medium high heat. Add the chorizo and red onion to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until the oils start to release from the chorizo. Add in the potato slices, and cook for a further 5 minutes until the potatoes start to crisp.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and season. Stir through the rosemary.
4. Spread out the potato chorizo mixture to evenly cover the pan, then pour the egg mixture over the top.
5. Place into the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden and puffed, and the frittata is cooked through.
6. To serve, sprinkle with fresh parsley and eat immediately.
Netflix or Lightbox?
Both. There are things I watch on both. If I had to choose one I'd pick Netflix, but I'm glad I... Join the Discussion..
Where do you get your caffeine hit?
Wish they brought back the black V drinks Join the Discussion..
Win Kiwiana Uniquely New Zealand $24.99
This book would be an excellent addition to my personal library. Join the Discussion..
Win New Zealand by Rob Suisted $49.99
Love to win this book and be mesmerized by New Zealand's Landscapes. Join the Discussion..
Win a double pass to THE COMMUTER
Liam Neeson is such a good actor so I'm keen Join the Discussion..
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Auckland Coffee Festival
Join us as we celebrate our latte lifestyle.
Rock Island FIJI
Jim Beam Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by Jim...