Knowing the Proper care for your dress shirts is essential in holding your shirts in good condition and while projecting a professional appearance.
How to care for a dress Shirt
- Machine wash dress shirts on a gentle cycle with luke-warm water to preserve the fabric.
- Never dry-clean dress shirts because the chemicals can distroy the fabric.
- Deodorant should be applied and allowed to dry before putting on shirt to prevent antiperspirant stains.
- To avoid lifting the colour of your shirts, separate them before laundering into three categories: whites, colours and darks. You can use an appropriate bleach to fix colours.
- Check for stain before ironing the shirt because the heat from an iron can permanently fix the stain into the fabric.
- It's easier and better for the fabric, to iron a dress shirt while it is damp. It will also make it easier to get out any wrinkles.
- If the shirt is exceptionally wrinkled, spray some water onto the part of the shirt that is about to beironed.
How to Iron a Dress Shirt
- Set the fabric dial of the iron to the appropriate setting (in general 'cotton' for dress shirt)
- Iron the back of the collar first and then the front. Start at the points and move inward.
- Lay one shoulder over the narrow edge of the board and iron it, shifted your shirt as needed. Iron the second shoulder at the same time.
- Open cuffs fully and iron inside first and then outside.
- Lay flat one sleeve and iron it. Start with the back side, front side second and take extra care on armhole seams.
- Hang shirt over the board so that one front panel of the shirt can be extended flat. Iron from shoulder to shirt tail.
- Rotate shirt over board so that you iron the back next, and the other front panel last.
- Hang the shirt immediatly on a hanger to avoid wrinkles.
Cocktails, Shots, & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Updated daily for your twisted enjoyment...
Check out today's videos, they take up our broadband bandwidth but these Youtube clips are particularly worth it!
NZ Daily Deal Aggregator
Save time - saving money. The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together onto one page & updated every 10 minutes.
Win Keeping your children safe online by John Parsons $34.99
GetFrank is pleased to offer our viewers a chance to win a copy of Keeping your children safe online by John Parsons $34.99.
Win a double pass to Only The Brave
This November, it’s not about what’s standing in front of you. It’s about who’s standing beside you
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Auckland Coffee Festival
Join us as we celebrate our latte lifestyle.
Rock Island FIJI
Jim Beam Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by Jim...