Brewpubs - breweries attached to a pub, providing an outlet and means to sell their beer. Possibly the best and most successful way of brewing and selling your own beer in the New Zealand market, because you control your own outlet. Plus the brewer achieves full retail pricing for their beer. It's also the best way for a drinker to meet the brewer because he is either brewing or out drinking with the customers.
1. The Mussel Inn - location makes you forget the rest of the world so you can enjoy the beer,(thats because you have just driven to the end of the earth to get there) good range of beers and other alcoholic beverages made from locally grown produce, must try the Captin Cooker Manuka Beer, also available in Belgium.
2. Galbraith's Alehouse - award winning real ale, European lagers, guest beers from local micro breweries, excellent selection of imported English and Belgian Ales, wonderful food, nice outdoor area, great building (old public library). Must not leave without trying the Resurrection.
3. Hallertau - has the best selection of bottled craft beer, from around New Zealand, in one place, food is good, if there is a group go for the plater, beer to try has to be Stuntman (if available) 10% of crazy hopness.
4. The Twisted Hop - bit hard to find but once you are there on one of those long sunny Canterbury afternoons you aren't likely to leave. Real Ale plus a selection of other craft beer. Good pub food. Try a pint of Challenger.
5. Dux de Lux - the best garden bar in New Zealand, backs out onto the Art Center and can hold hundreds of people, a must visit for the Buskers Festival. Beer to try Nor'wester won some great awards over the years and delivers great flavour.
6. Shakepseare Tavern - this is the grand daddy of brewpubs in New Zealand with it opening in 1986. A selection of 11 different beers. Food is pub fare, and the location is very central. The only Brewpub in New Zealand with its own accommodation onsite, and at very competitive pricing for central Auckland. Beer to try Pucks Pixilation, 11.2%, not because it is strong but because it delivers flavour and drinkablity without the alcohol burn.
Cocktails, Shots, & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Updated daily for your twisted enjoyment...
Check out today's videos, they take up our broadband bandwidth but these Youtube clips are particularly worth it!
NZ Daily Deal Aggregator
Save time - saving money. The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together onto one page & updated every 10 minutes.
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Auckland Coffee Festival
Join us as we celebrate our latte lifestyle.