Brewpubs - breweries attached to a pub, providing an outlet and means to sell their beer. Possibly the best and most successful way of brewing and selling your own beer in the New Zealand market, because you control your own outlet. Plus the brewer achieves full retail pricing for their beer. It's also the best way for a drinker to meet the brewer because he is either brewing or out drinking with the customers.
1. The Mussel Inn - location makes you forget the rest of the world so you can enjoy the beer,(thats because you have just driven to the end of the earth to get there) good range of beers and other alcoholic beverages made from locally grown produce, must try the Captin Cooker Manuka Beer, also available in Belgium.
2. Galbraith's Alehouse - award winning real ale, European lagers, guest beers from local micro breweries, excellent selection of imported English and Belgian Ales, wonderful food, nice outdoor area, great building (old public library). Must not leave without trying the Resurrection.
3. Hallertau - has the best selection of bottled craft beer, from around New Zealand, in one place, food is good, if there is a group go for the plater, beer to try has to be Stuntman (if available) 10% of crazy hopness.
4. The Twisted Hop - bit hard to find but once you are there on one of those long sunny Canterbury afternoons you aren't likely to leave. Real Ale plus a selection of other craft beer. Good pub food. Try a pint of Challenger.
5. Dux de Lux - the best garden bar in New Zealand, backs out onto the Art Center and can hold hundreds of people, a must visit for the Buskers Festival. Beer to try Nor'wester won some great awards over the years and delivers great flavour.
6. Shakepseare Tavern - this is the grand daddy of brewpubs in New Zealand with it opening in 1986. A selection of 11 different beers. Food is pub fare, and the location is very central. The only Brewpub in New Zealand with its own accommodation onsite, and at very competitive pricing for central Auckland. Beer to try Pucks Pixilation, 11.2%, not because it is strong but because it delivers flavour and drinkablity without the alcohol burn.
Win A Double Pass To Life Of Crime
Kiwi Gas says
I'll pay for the stamp if you'll post these to me? Surely you don't have to be Auckland-based? Join the Discussion..
Sounds good - best venue for live music?
Kiwi Gas says
What would be your nomination for the best venue for live music in New Zealand? In Wellington we... Join the Discussion..
Win VitalZing Electrolyte Prize Packs
Kiwi Gas says
Great that there's no sugar in these. Join the Discussion..
What is the meaning/origin of Christmas?
Just Googled it.... "Although millions of people celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ on Dec. 25,... Join the Discussion..
New Member says
I cannot get into this series - I prefer gritty dramas like Eastenders. Join the Discussion..
SpringBreak FIJI 2014
Secure your spot with just $100pp deposit @ www.SpringBreakFIJI.com
Secure your tickets with $100 down @ www.BlueSkyFIJI.com/akl
Depression Charity Offers Limited Edition ‘Founders‘ Tickets
After putting New Zealand and depression firmly on the global map in 2013 with their ‘World’s Biggest Waterslide’ event in...