Dominic Quin is Fonterra's Director – Digital Transformation. He will be a panelist at the PwC Herald Talks - Global vs. Local, in Auckland on July 5 at Skycity Theatre.
1. In a nutshell, what is your role at Fonterra?
Leading Fonterra’s digital transformation
2. What do you most enjoy about your role?
Working with passionate, progressive people who believe in the power of digital technology solutions
3. What is your favourite thing about New Zealand business people?
Kiwis’ smart, can do attitude
4. You’ve worked in Australia and New Zealand; are there any big differences between how businesses operate?
From a corporate perspective, Australia is more globally integrated. New Zealand has a bias towards SMEs
5. How has your career path changed from when you started out to your current position?
I started my career on a farm in the UK, moved into value-add marketing and customer experience roles in CPG, retail, and entertainment in UK, Australia and New Zealand. My most recent roles have been global roles leading consumer centric change at Fonterra.
6. What is your top tip to anyone looking to start their own company?
Know (and anticipate) your customer needs better than anyone else.
7. Do you have a motto that you stick to when it comes to how you do business?
Treat others how you expect to be treated.
8. If you could give your twenty-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Take every opportunity.
9. Who is your business role model and why?
I have had a few, but the stand out was David Novak (ex-President of Yum! Brands) – a visionary leader who delivered sustained business growth by building a global, consumer-centricity organisation. He built simple frameworks which liberated business leaders.
10. What are you most looking forward to at PwC Herald Talks – Global vs. Local?
Sharing ideas on how to give New Zealand an advantage in an ever growing and urbanised world.
To view the full list of panelists and purchase tickets for the PwC Herald Talks - Global vs. Local series in Auckland and Wellintgon, please visit the website.
Cocktails, Shots, & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Updated daily for your twisted enjoyment...
Check out today's videos, they take up our broadband bandwidth but these Youtube clips are particularly worth it!
NZ Daily Deal Aggregator
Save time - saving money. The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together onto one page & updated every 10 minutes.
Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Auckland Coffee Festival
Join us as we celebrate our latte lifestyle.
Rock Island FIJI
Jim Beam Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by Jim...