Discussing :: Big Day Out 2011 – First Lineup Announcement!

Big Day Out is the biggest music festival in the Southern Hemisphere - Hands down, no question. It attracts the best names in music and offers an atmosphere so addictive, that once you have gone returning the next year is inevitable. The best thing about Big Day Out is that year after year the lineup keeps getting better and the show keeps getting bigger. This year on the Big Day Out menu we have iconic BDO veterans, talented up-and-comers and a large serving of global superstars. We have an exciting and incredible lineup that should install feelings of euphoria into audiophiles of every genre. Heading up the lineup is epic prog-rockers, Tool, who are down... read full article

Dan
Big Day Out 2011 – First Lineup Announcement!

Bring back the Prodigy!

Jono

Every year they bounce around huge names for the headline act.....and it never comes true! Soundgarden would have been a perfect fit. Still! Tool is a pretty good alternative. Rammstein will be insane and would love to see the Deftones again.

Erenakelly

AAAHHH the BDO. Making your way through dozens of trash-strewn gaps through sweaty, writhing bodies. Smashing your head into someone else's who has been momentarily, likewise, completely caught up in a glorious rock moment. Singing at the top of your out-of-tune lungs. Spewing all over yourself whether out of pure wastedness or cruel heat exhaustion. Yep. Good times alright.

Courtney

Looking Forward to M.I.A, but the line up was a bit of a let down really!

Steff S

Crystal castles, ratatat and the black keys! not to mention the french artist vitalic. def getting a ticket

dory

Pretttyyy alrite line up. Imagine if Korn, System of a down, Disturbed and all those mainstream Metal type bands could come. WOW! I surely would be THERE :). I have never been to a BDO event before...yet. I definately would like the experience! Hot weather, lots of sweaty people...getting trodden on.. Cant think of anything better.. :/ ;) Hhaahahaha. Def wanna go sometime soon :D

samala

Would love to have gone to BDO when Slipknot were performing or System of a Down! Havn't made it to BDO yet but will one day. Have heard so many great stories from people who have been to it and the stories of success and failure of smuggling drink in!

Keynah

sounds like its gonna be a mean day!!!!

Liz

So many repeats! I'm not complaining, I'll be happy to see lots of them again but its weird that its becoming a regular thing for some bands.

Roly

Certainly is a Big Day Out. Tool, Rammstein, Deftones, Wolfmother... Yeaah!

Latest discussions

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreak FIJI SpringBreak FIJI

Surrounded by nothing but tranquil water, SpringBreak Fiji brings together the best of everything

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by The Rock and...

• TourismHQ TourismHQ

With seven years and growing under their belt; TourismHQ has established and continues to deliver on their extensive wealth of...

• SPRING BREAK FIJI